Developer uncovers Maps "Flyover city tours" in iOS 8 beta
Without question, the best slide from every WWDC keynote is the one that lists out all the upcoming iOS features that couldn't be addressed individually.
If you look closely at the slide above, you'll see that one such feature is called "Flyover city tours." While the feature isn't yet overtly featured in the iOS 8 beta, developer Pierre Blazquez figured out a way to unlock it for our viewing pleasure.
As the name of the feature implies, "Flyover city tours" takes you on a guided tour of landmarks from major cities around the world. Think of it as Apple's way of providing travelers with the lay of the land and notable points of interest with just a simple tap. Some of the supported cities thus far include Rome, Stockholm, New York, Paris, Glasgow, Cape Town, and San Francisco.
We'll keep you posted once, or if, this feature becomes available by default in subsequent iOS 8 betas.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync