Tim Cook and Lisa Jackson help Apple celebrate LGBT Pride Parade in San Francisco
Apple has long been a supporter of LGBT equality and the company was out in force yesterday at the 44th annual Pride parade in San Francisco.
Over 5,000 employees are estimated to have taken part in the parade, including CEO Tim Cook and Lisa Jackson, the company's recently hired environmental chief.
On Sunday, Tim Cook tweeted out the following:
At the parade, Apple employees handed out iTunes gift cards good for one free song download. The tweet below is from Jackee Chang, an employee on Apple's Final Cut Pro software team.
Also getting in on the action was Apple VP of Environmental Initiatives Lisa Jackson, who helped carry Apple's banner during the parade.hashtag #ApplePride.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter