Apple number 65 on Newsweek's list of green companies
Newsweek has published their list of the most environmentally-friendly companies, and Apple is ranked number 65 out of 500. While it didn't make the top 10 (Dell is number one), Apple improved significantly from last year when it placed 133rd. The rankings considered a number of scores, including green score, environmental impact and green policies.
Other tech companies in the top 10 include HP, IBM, Intel, Sprint, Adobe, Applied Materials and Yahoo!.
Apple has made vast improvements in their environmental friendliness over the past few years, as organizations like Greenpeace have put the pressure on. Last January Greenpeace ranked Apple first in their list of the top 18 consumer electronics company in terms of reduction or elimination of hazardous chemicals in the manufacture of its products.
[Via Macsimum News]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options