Apple number 65 on Newsweek's list of green companies
Newsweek has published their list of the most environmentally-friendly companies, and Apple is ranked number 65 out of 500. While it didn't make the top 10 (Dell is number one), Apple improved significantly from last year when it placed 133rd. The rankings considered a number of scores, including green score, environmental impact and green policies.
Other tech companies in the top 10 include HP, IBM, Intel, Sprint, Adobe, Applied Materials and Yahoo!.
Apple has made vast improvements in their environmental friendliness over the past few years, as organizations like Greenpeace have put the pressure on. Last January Greenpeace ranked Apple first in their list of the top 18 consumer electronics company in terms of reduction or elimination of hazardous chemicals in the manufacture of its products.
[Via Macsimum News]
Newsweek has published their list of the most environmentally-friendly companies, and Apple is ranked number 65 out of 500. While it didn't...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free