Apple beats Street estimates; 16M iPhones, 7M iPads sold in Q1
This just in:
Revenue for the first quarter rose to $26.7 billion, with earnings per share at $6.43. Apple's gross margin, which is always quite high, was at 38.5%. Wall Street estimates were modeling $24.43 billion in revenue, and EPS of $5.40, with a gross profit margin of 27%.
During the quarter, Apple sold 16.24 million iPhones, 7.33 million iPads, 4.13 million Macs and 19.45 million iPods. More news coming up shortly during our liveblog.
This just in: Apple's financials for the first fiscal quarter ending December 31, 2010 are in, and Apple easily beat the Street. Revenue...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs