Apple beats Street estimates; 16M iPhones, 7M iPads sold in Q1
This just in:
Revenue for the first quarter rose to $26.7 billion, with earnings per share at $6.43. Apple's gross margin, which is always quite high, was at 38.5%. Wall Street estimates were modeling $24.43 billion in revenue, and EPS of $5.40, with a gross profit margin of 27%.
During the quarter, Apple sold 16.24 million iPhones, 7.33 million iPads, 4.13 million Macs and 19.45 million iPods. More news coming up shortly during our liveblog.
This just in: Apple's financials for the first fiscal quarter ending December 31, 2010 are in, and Apple easily beat the Street. Revenue...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update