Hon Hai chairman Terry Gou says Apple products are "very difficult to make"
Hon Hai, parent company of Foxconn, is blaming Apple for its poor financial performance over the past two quarters. Chairman Terry Gou confirmed the Chinese company invested heavily in its manufacturing plants to keep up with Apple's demand. He said Apple devices were "very difficult" to make.
The company's profit gains were also hit hard by Foxconn wage increases, which were introduced following a rash of employee suicides and negative reports over the past few years. Gou hopes to turn things around in the last half of the year when its investment in manufacturing and lucrative Apple contracts should begin to pay off.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter