Next release of iTunes may kill off Ping
Ping was announced by Steve Jobs during Apple's Fall 2010 music event and launched that same day. Despite a few early successes with the product, the social network never caught on with Apple users and a recent report from AllThingsD suggests it never will.
Speaking at the recent AllThingsD D10 conference, Cook confirmed that Ping was not something customers wanted "to put a lot of energy into." Rather than try to resurrect the floundering social network, sources told AllThingsD that the upcoming fall release of iTunes will remove Ping and replace it with Twitter and Facebook for social sharing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)