Looking at 15 years of Apple's home page
Apple is known for its top-notch design and its webpage is no exception. Charlie Hoehn took an interest in Apple.com and used the Internet Archive Wayback Machine to examine how Apple's website has evolved over the past 15 years.
Hoehn notes that Apple's home page has stuck with the same basic billboard design with some refinements over the years. He points out that Apple added a top nav bar in 2000 and gave the site a facelift in 2007 that coincided with the unveiling of OS X Leopard.
You can view a history of Apple's home page in the slideshow below or travel to Hoehn's website for all the details. His post also has a second slideshow showing the more dramatic changes in Microsoft, Dell, HP, IBM and Sony.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter