Looking at 15 years of Apple's home page
Apple is known for its top-notch design and its webpage is no exception. Charlie Hoehn took an interest in Apple.com and used the Internet Archive Wayback Machine to examine how Apple's website has evolved over the past 15 years.
Hoehn notes that Apple's home page has stuck with the same basic billboard design with some refinements over the years. He points out that Apple added a top nav bar in 2000 and gave the site a facelift in 2007 that coincided with the unveiling of OS X Leopard.
You can view a history of Apple's home page in the slideshow below or travel to Hoehn's website for all the details. His post also has a second slideshow showing the more dramatic changes in Microsoft, Dell, HP, IBM and Sony.
Apple is known for its top-notch design and its webpage is no exception. Charlie Hoehn took an interest in Apple.com and used the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free