Apple issues iOS 7.0.6 / 6.1.6 security updates
Today, Apple issued security updates for iOS 7 and iOS 6. The updates protect phones against potential attacks that might compromise data in secure sessions.
Available for: iPhone 4 and later, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2 and later
Impact: An attacker with a privileged network position may capture or modify data in sessions protected by SSL/TLS
Description: Secure Transport failed to validate the authenticity of the connection. This issue was addressed by restoring missing validation steps.
The iOS 7.0.6 update appears to be available for all iPhones, iPods, and iPads running iOS 7. In addition, Ars Technica writes that iOS 6.1.6 has also been patched to address the SSL vulnerability. TUAW highly recommends that you install the appropriate update on your iOS devices as soon as possible.
Thanks, Sam Marshall
Today, Apple issued security updates for iOS 7 and iOS 6. The updates protect phones against potential attacks that might compromise data...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update