U.S. ITC will investigate Apple's patent infringement claims of Motorola
Just about a month after Apple filed patent complaints against Motorola, Bloomberg reports that the U.S. International Trade Commission is set to review the claim.
Apple's complaints were filed on October 29, just a few days after Motorola sued Apple over 18 alleged patent infringements on October 6. In this case, it will be the ITC's job to determine if Motorola is indeed infringing on Apple's patents. It must also decide whether to block the import of Motorola phones made overseas running Google's Android OS.
Apple was recently awarded patents for the iPhone 4's design and UI as well as the iPad's design. The specifics of each company's claims are unknown, but we'll follow this story as it develops.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync