Detailed floor plans of new Cupertino 'spaceship' campus released
The city of Cupertino has made the proposed and revised plans for Apple's massive new "spaceship" campus available to the public. If you've got a thing for blueprints and architectural renderings, check out the link to the proposed floor plans for the campus, a 25-page PDF that details the incredible scale and scope of Apple's proposal.
Some of the more impressive things I found in my perusal of the plans:
- The edge-to-edge footprint of the circular structure is just over 1520 feet, or more than a quarter of a mile. The outer circumference of the main building is nearly 4800 feet, or 9/10 of a mile.
- The main structure contains over 1.8 million square feet of office space spread over 4 above-ground levels.
- A 4-story, 58,050 square foot restaurant space on the building's northeast corner will provide food for the whole campus.
- The main building's roof is almost entirely covered in solar panels.
- Two basement parking levels beneath the main building contain a total of 4300 parking spaces. Another 4-level satellite parking structure provides an additional 4600 spaces.
- A (relatively) small satellite building provides access to a basement auditorium with seating for approximately 1000 people seated before an enormous stage -- very probably the site of future Apple events.
- Another satellite structure contains a gigantic corporate fitness center with a 2-story, 48,000 square foot exercise area and what looks like an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
- Six separate R&D facilities comprise a total of 300,000 square feet of space.
The scale of this new campus is impressive and ambitious in just about every detail, and it'll be quite a thing to see once it's finished in 2015.
The city of Cupertino has made the proposed and revised plans for Apple's massive new "spaceship" campus available to the public. If...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update