Apple, Amazon ordered to settle 'app store' suit
Since March 2011, Apple has been battling Amazon in court over the use of the name App Store. In an order handed down yesterday, Judge Elizabeth LaPorte told the two companies that she wants them to sit down and negotiate a settlement. The pair are scheduled to meet on March 21st, says a report in iPodNN.
Apple filed its App Store trademark infringement lawsuit against Amazon shortly after the retail giant launched its app store for Android devices. Apple claimed Amazon's "Appstore" would confuse customers and make them think it was an Apple sanctioned store.
Apple owns a trademark on "App Store" and "Appstore" in the UK, while a US application for the term is currently pending approval at the USPTO.
Since March 2011, Apple has been battling Amazon in court over the use of the name App Store. In an order handed down yesterday, Judge...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved