Apple, Amazon ordered to settle 'app store' suit
Since March 2011, Apple has been battling Amazon in court over the use of the name App Store. In an order handed down yesterday, Judge Elizabeth LaPorte told the two companies that she wants them to sit down and negotiate a settlement. The pair are scheduled to meet on March 21st, says a report in iPodNN.
Apple filed its App Store trademark infringement lawsuit against Amazon shortly after the retail giant launched its app store for Android devices. Apple claimed Amazon's "Appstore" would confuse customers and make them think it was an Apple sanctioned store.
Apple owns a trademark on "App Store" and "Appstore" in the UK, while a US application for the term is currently pending approval at the USPTO.
Since March 2011, Apple has been battling Amazon in court over the use of the name App Store. In an order handed down yesterday, Judge...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support