David Einhorn drops his lawsuit against Apple
Greenlight Capital hedge fund manager David Einhorn has decided to end what Apple CEO Tim Cook has referred to as a "silly sideshow" by dropping the lawsuit he'd brought against 1 Infinite Loop in early February. Filed in conjunction with other Apple shareholders, the lawsuit sought to force Apple to share more of its cash with investors and kill a vote by shareholders involving preferred shares.
Einhorn and company had been awarded a victory by a federal judge last week who intervened and forced Apple to postpone the vote in question. Seemingly content with the fact that the vote had been blocked by the court, Einhorn and Greenlight have dropped the suit entirely, telling AllThingsD, "Apple removed the bundled proposal from the shareholder meeting, therefore resolving the issue." One legal matter for Apple down, countless others to go.
Greenlight Capital hedge fund manager David Einhorn has decided to end what Apple CEO Tim Cook has referred to as a "silly sideshow" by...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements